For a Cold or Stuffy Nose:
- Cool air vaporizer at your bedside
- Nasal Spray such as saline spray
- Vicks Vapor Rub
- Jasmine Tea
For a Cough:
- Robitussin DM
- Cough drops
- Chloraseptic Throat Spray
- Dilose, Citrical, or Metamucil
- Glycerine suppositories
- Milk of Magnesia
- Fibercon and Benefiber
- Fresh fruits, prunes, bran and adequate water intake are helpful for prevention of constipation.
- Kaopectate: Use for only one day, as directed.
For Headache or Minor Pains:
- Tylenol: as directed
- Preparation H, Anusol and Tucks
- Warm Sitz Baths
For Indigestion or Gas:
- Mylanta, Maalox, Mylicon, Tums, Zantac, Pepcid, Tagament, Prilosec and Prevacid
- Sea bands-motion sickness bands
- Vitamin B6
- Prescriptions such as Zofran, Phenergan and Meclizine.
The following medications are not safe to take while you are pregnant: Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Pepto-Bismol, Laxatives, mineral oils, douches, tetracycline and cipro.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE SAFETY OF ANY MEDICATIONS, PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE.
REMEMBER, NO MEDICATIONS SHOULD BE TAKEN UNLESS NECESSARY.